Wednesday, April 16, 2008


I want to take a break from EL for a short time; I've actually been thinking and writing a lot lately but it is necessary that I channel that energy into particular academic projects. My blog, for all its benefits, has sometimes hindered my will to do other writing--writing that requires more time, concentration, and discipline than I practice here.

This hiatus will be measurable in weeks, not months, and maybe I'll even stockpile a few posts in the meantime. Of course I'll still be reachable via email. Until then,


Brian said...

May your break be as productive as you hope it to be!

Renegade Eye said...

This blog fills a nitch others don't. Hopefully you'll be back soon.

OT: I have a post from WSWS about Charleston Heston.

Alex said...

No, no, noooooooooooooo!

Nice picture of Albertus Magnus. Unfortunately, I can't locate a picture of Giles of Rome, my particular favorite medieval philosopher. It's a interesting topic - the artistic depiction of the philosopher / wise man in late medieval art (usually by depicting St. Jerome). See Jorg Syrlin's carvings of the ancient scientists in the choirstalls of Ulm Minster, for instance.