Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Back


The nerves twitch, the muscle contracts, and a brief electricity fills the air ... 

Almost nobody reads blogs anymore, and almost nobody will read this. I experimented for a few years with Tumblr. That mostly evolved, or devolved, into screencaps anyway, and not even in an inventive or constructive way. No need to continue there. It wasn't a place of community (for me). The film blogosphere was once a place of community, but not much now, either. However, Elusive Lucidity was always meant as a public notebook, and there is nothing preventing it from being that. I'm reopening this notebook as an experiment ... maybe it will last for a few posts. Maybe not even that. We'll see how it fits into my life.

Speaking of my life, what's left for movies in it? I work, I commute, I do household chores, I run errands, I have 'extracurricular' activities and commitments, I try to be a good partner, I try to write. I don't always have much time to watch movies in this season of my life, particularly on the big screen, even though that is an important activity for me. 

I'm not trying to make this into a New Year's resolution, but I wonder if I can at least rekindle some of the energies that propelled me to write and send that writing out into the world when I was younger and, if I'm honest, my world was simpler. If I can do this, if I can produce writing and (one step more) polish it and disseminate it, I suspect I will be better off. 

This is the old scratchpad. I don't know how many pages it has left. That's a statement of possibility, not closure.

2 comments:

Aster said...

I'm so excited for this! I hope the energies get rekindled. I'm looking forward to future posts.

ZC said...

Thanks Aster! I hope whatever I can come up with here is worth reading!