Sunday, May 18, 2008

Meme

I missed that I was tagged until just tonight--thanks Ali! The meme is a very popular one:

1) Pick up the nearest book. 2) Open to page 123. 3) Locate the fifth sentence. 4) Post the next three sentences on your blog and in so doing… 5) Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

The book nearest me is actually a slim primer-style book called Contemporary World Television, and p. 123 is bibliography. So I grabbed the book on the shelf right next to it, For Ever Godard. I didn't count the first few lines of text on the page, which were the bulk of a sentence began on the previous page.

"This is the ultimate lesson to be learned from Histoire(s) [du cinéma]: the imaginary museum is also an embodied museum, i.e. the cinema has made flesh the history of this century. It is a body in every sense of the word: a place where the century could take faces, movements and gestures, genitals and utterances. It could also take ideas, references, works, concepts, so as to enable the century to think."

The book is a collection of essays, as many of my readers will know--this one is Antoine de Baecque's "Godard in the Museum." Anyone who wants to be tagged, consider yourself tagged and let us know in the comments if you've participated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zach, I'm a week late, but I've participated. Here's my response to the book meme:

http://mss.typepad.com/blog/2008/05/the-lee-shore.html

ZC said...

Thanks Michael!