Sunday, July 15, 2007

N:O:T:H:I:N:G (2)























A strange thing--after revisiting N:O:T:H:I:N:G yesterday I noticed that the film seemed like a more mellow, even inviting experience than the first go-round. Is this because of my mood, i.e., my eyes & mind in interacting with the flickering colors picked up on the subtler modulations and fuzzier tones, the more 'meditative' aspects of the work in question? Or am I simply going down the path Sharits himself hoped to guide his viewers to, he who emphasized the aspects of his work that correspond to a mandala more than to a kino-hammer.

S:TREAM:S:S:ECTION:S:ECTION:S:S:ECTIONED was a bit beyond me at this point. A powerful film. It will need repeat viewings though.

1 comment:

Petra Von Lowenstein said...

I found his T:O:U:C:H:I:N:G to be a singular experience for me. One where time breaks down, right and wrong become one, and a certain real, if not artifically real, but real nonetheless, harmony is created. Great blog you have here.