Saturday, May 19, 2007

Varia

1. Did I just forget about it, or did someone drop the ball in not telling me there was a Frank Borzage biography published last year!? Why did coming across this book seem like such a surprise? (Albeit a pleasant one...)

2. Some people reading this know that I owe them a few things--they are coming very soon!

3. Except for Mean Girls (funny movie) and a few excerpts from Cassavetes, I haven't watched a film all week. But that means that I was reminded only too late that The Death of Maria Malibran was playing here ... and that I was technically in town for Liberté, la nuit but missed it because I'd accidentally included it in with the Garrels I'd have to miss when I was recently in North Carolina.

4. The FA Cup Final starts in a little over an hour--Manchester United versus Chelsea. I don't know how easily I'm going to transition into the off-season. (My plan is to spend the earlier Saturday hours I've normally devoted to matches to going to museums & galleries.) I've contemplated writing a review post of my first season really following the EPL, watching several games a week.

5. I think I've beaten the writer's block, and it's fading, but not faded all the way yet ...

2 comments:

john said...

zach,

i've written on your blog before and have tried my best to keep up with your posts. recently, i've had a chance to read some of your published writings and noticed that you presented a paper at the nyu cinema studies student conference. i'll be pursuing a master's there in the fall and was wondering if i could shoot you an email regarding the program. i couldn't find an address anywhere, but if you ever get a chance, i'd really appreciate any kind of correspondence.

ZC said...

Hi John - I'd be happy to tell you what I know - rashomon82 at yahoo dot com will take you to my inbox.

Of course, we'll also be in the same boat--I'm going back to school for my MA in the same program this fall, too. Part-time.