Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Brief departure

I've been a bad cinephile the past week or so--feeling tired (from mild sinus headaches and a Sunday night that would have made for a more-than-eventful Saturday night thanks) and have missed a ton of films, excepting The Loyal 47 Ronin which was not a very optimal viewing experience anyway, excessive popcorn crunching and heavy breathing neighbors considered. I even missed Hong's Tale of Cinema, which I had a ticket for and everything. Pleasant afternoon otherwise, but yeah, I'll have to see the DVD or wait until another NYC screening. It just wasn't in the cards.

I'm going away for a "weekend retreat" at Martha's Vineyard tomorrow afternoon and will be back and blogging next week. Nothing substantial here, just wanted to leave the equivalent of an away message.

No comments: